Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Windoze Vista? Are you nuts?

Do you like to have to upgrade your hardware, add memory, etc? Do you like to have the applications and drivers that you have used for years no longer work? If you're a sucker for punishment, then I guess Vista is the Operating System for you. I have heard many war stories of this no longer works, or my machine runs like a dog now after people I know have installed Vista.

As this person says in this video, Vista is not a new and improved OS, it's just a different OS. There is nothing I have seen to date that makes me want to again pony up to the Microsoft Tax to upgrade my machines. If you want my advice, stick with XP until you are dragged kicking and screaming to Vista. It's been the same story from DOS to Windows 3.1 to Windows 3.11 to Windows 95 to Windows 98 to Windows XP to Vista, every subsequent release adds more un-needed features, more bloat and always requires more hardware horsepower to run. Add that some of the applications you currently run will no longer fully work and I have to ask, "What are you people thinking?"

No comments: